Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ice Cream Floats

Ice cream or sherbert
cola

In a tall glass put a large scoop of ice cream or sherbert. Slowly add cola. Top with another
scoop of ice cream.

This is one of the most refreshing, simple drinks there ever was. When I was a kid my Dad would go to the store and buy a 6 pack of mixed colas and a half gallon of vanilla ice cream. It was "float night." He would have regular cola, grape, orange, strawberry, and my favorite, root beer. Each of us picked our favorite cola and I would just hope no one would get my root beer. It was a race to see who could make their's first. This is also a forgotten drink that I've realized my own kids have seldom tasted. Bring this drink back. Make yourself a wonderful tasting float and see what you've been missing.

No comments: