Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pina Colada Punch

1 (46 oz.) can pineapple juice, chilled
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 (15 oz.) can cream of coconut
1 (32 oz.) bottle 7-Up, chilled

Combine all ingredients and serve over ice.

This recipe can be used as a base for other drinks. Add cherries, kiwi, strawberries or any other fruit you might enjoy. To me this drink is one of the most refreshing drinks there is. That's probably because I love anything with coconut and/or pineapple in it. When I lived in Florida my daughters and I went to a really great island on the Gulf called Boca Grande. There is a little store
on the island that sells frozen coconut bars. I'm sure they are nothing but juice with shredded coconut mixed in before freezing but I loved them. So since I no longer live in Florida I had to start making my own. By using this recipe, adding flaked coconut, pouring it into pop cycle containers and freezing them I now have that great taste again.

No comments: