- 2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces; skinned
2 low sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup thinly sliced radishes
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, reserve 1/2 cup juice
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Hot cooked rice
Chow mein noodles (optional)
- Place chicken in cooking pot and add enough water to just cover. Bring to a boil; add bouillon cubes and simmer chicken, covered, until tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove meat from bones and cut into chunks. Reserve 1 cup chicken broth
- Combine 1 cup reserved chicken broth with the reserved 1/2 cup pineapple juice and soy sauce; set aside.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and saute the green peppers and radishes until crisp tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add pineapple and chicken.
- Pour chicken broth mixture over chicken/vegetable mixture; heat to boiling and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened and is heated thoroughly. Season with pepper as desired.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and sprinkle chow mein noodles on top, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: (3/4 cup mixture; 3/4 cup cooked rice): Calories 320, fat 7g, cholesterol 58mg, carbohydrate 39g, sodium 314mg.
FoodExchanges: Bread 2 1/2, Meat 2.