- 1 tablespoon stick butter or margarine
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 cups dried unseasoned package bread cubes
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup apple juice
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6-ounces each), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
1 1/2 cups apple juice
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful**
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Melt butter in small skillet. Add green onions. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until tender. Place bread cubes and dried cranberries in medium size bowl. Stir in onion mixture.
- Heat combined 1/3 cup apple juice and 1/3 cup water to boiling. Stir into bread cube mixture until all cubes are moistened. Stir in 2 Tbsp. Equal®, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until combined.
- Lay chicken breasts on flat surface. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Place 1/2 cup stuffing mixture in center of each chicken breast. Fold in sides of chicken to form a "bundle". Secure each with wooden picks.
- Place chicken bundles in shallow sprayed baking pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken and stuffing reach 160°F and chicken juices are clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 1/2 cups apple juice, 1/2 cup water, cornstarch and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Stir until smooth. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil and stir until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons Equal®. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Spoon glaze over baked chicken. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
calories 344, protein 41 g, carbohydrate 30 g, fat 6 g, cholesterol 107 mg, sodium 268 mg.
Food Exchanges: 6 very lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.