6 tablespoons prepared hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful*
2 teaspoon lime juice
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (3-ounce) package any flavor ramen noodle soup mix
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup baby corn (optional)
- For Sauce, combine all ingredients; set aside.
- For Stir-Fry, remove seasoning packet from ramen noodles and save for another use. Break noodles into pieces. Place in 1-quart microwave safe bowl; pour warm water over noodles. Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring twice, until noodles are tender; drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook and stir broccoli 4 minutes. Add red pepper and onion; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes more. Add cooked chicken, water chestnuts and baby corn. Cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in cooked noodles and sauce. Heat until all ingredients are heated through, stirring frequently.
Makes 6 servings.
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
Nutrition Information Per Serving: calories 221, protein 20 g, carbohydrate 17 g, fat 8 g, cholesterol 44 mg, sodium 641 mg.
Food Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1/2 starch, 2 veg., 1/2 fat.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.