Sunday, August 1, 2010
This economical, fast and easy breakfast is an excellent source for protein, choline, and a good source for vitamin A, vitamin D, folate, calcium and iron
Coffee Cup Scramble
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Coat a 12-ounce microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray.
2. Add eggs and milk; beat until blended.
3. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds; stir.
4. Microwave until eggs are almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer.
5. Top with cheese; season with salt and pepper.
Makes 1 serving.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 45 to 60 seconds
Note: Microwave ovens vary. Cooking times may need to be adjusted.
Nutrition information per serving (1 recipe): calories: 215 total fat: 15g saturated fat: 6g polyunsaturated fat: 2g monounsaturated fat: 5g cholesterol: 440mg
sodium: 240mg carbohydrates: 2g dietary fiber: 0g protein: 17g vitamin A: 686.2IU vitamin D: 49.8IU folate: 51.1mcg calcium: 190.5mg iron: 1.9mg choline: 258.4mg
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).